|News Musique - December 2010|
The Official eNewsletter ofThe Louisiana Music Hall Of Fame
Holiday 2010 Edition
· Heaux! Heaux! Heaux! - LMHOF Again Giving Triple Play Holiday Gifts!· 325,00 + and Counting
· Recent Inductions NEWS
· 2010 Year of the Song, And the Winner Is…
· Eye of the Tiger - LIVE!· Coming in January
Gifts For You - A Triple Play of LMHOF Christmas Music and Videos
Every year since 2006, the nonprofit LMHOF has reached into its vault and pulled out a stocking full of holiday theme recordings by some of Louisiana’s greatest music makers to share with the world. Through the end of the year, we humbly offer you a special holiday “Triple Play” of musical gifts for you to unwrap:
1. Christmas Music Videos through Facebook and Youtube You can find many music video clips shared through Facebook. If you are group on Facebook be sure to join our “Friends of Louisiana Music Hall of Fame” fan page to get your daily dose of bayou holiday cheer from links to many videos from our LAMusicHallOfFame YouTube videos section.
2. Wall to Wall Christmas Music Online at LMHOFRADIO.orgOur 24/7/365 online radio station devotes the month to the best in Louisiana Christmas music songs. Enjoy!
3. Galleries Musique Virtual Museum Multimedia Archives You can access our Christmas collection anytime in our unique Virtual Museum. To listen and view the largest collection of Louisiana artist holiday music ANYWHERE, simply go to Galleries Musique>Louisiana Christmas Music 2010. Hint: scroll to the end for the extended music mix "LMHOF Christmas Mix 2010."
325,000 and Counting: Online Visits “Virtually” Double in 2010
LMHOF’s Virtual Museum, the largest online resource for Louisiana music - and to our knowledge, the largest of ANY other site devoted to music recognition and history - has crossed over the 325,000 visitor mark. The most exciting aspect is that almost 190,000 of those visits took place this year alone. That doubles the number of visits in 2009 and shows that as we grow and add more inductees, programs and information, our visits are increasing at a geometric rate. Our growth and progress is only limited by our resources. We have yet to receive ANY public funding (we’re working on it!) and have no budget for a comprehensive PR and promotion effort. There is MUCH MORE we can get done with more funding. Please consider becoming a member and/or making a tax-deductible donation by visiting the Krewe Musique section of the website or just click the "DONATE" button. If you love the music and like what we have already accomplished, be assured that your contribution will make a difference!
Induction NEWS - North, East, West and South
The Baton Rouge Business Report recounted the event in this story.
The Baton Rouge Advocate reported the show in this story.
LMHOF co-produced our second halftime show with the LSU Tiger Band
LMHOF was asked by Encore Louisiana Magazine to recommend selected Louisiana music as a primer on Louisiana's diversity of music. The magazine is produced annually by the State of Louisiana through the Lt. Governor's Office as "The Official Guide to Louisiana Living for Boomers and Beyond.”To view this year's Encore, go HERE. LMHOF music picks feature is on pages 74-75.To subscribe to Encore Louisiana Magazine (free), go HERE.
Coming in a special January News Musique:- Executive Director’s Report – Mike Shepherd recounts all of the organization’s accomplishments and looks ahead...
· - Breakthru Media Magazine January/February Edition Cover Story Features LMHOF, plus story coverage of the Montrel's Bistro event...Breakthru Media Magazine web site
Want to see more inductions and great programs to honor our greatest? Help us grow! Please join Krewe Musique or make a donation that will help fund our ongoing mission.In the current economy and the condition of the State's finances, it is imperative that we "stand on our own" and fund ourselves. If you believe in the importance of our mission and the need to officially recognize, preserve, honor and grow our State's music, please support us with a Donation. Remember that your Donations are tax deductible because of our IRS 501c3 not-for-profit status.
The Louisiana Music Hall Of Fame: "preserving Louisiana's greatest renewable natural resource."
How Can You Support LMHOF?Put Something in Our Stocking!
Please become a supporting member with a tax-deductible donation of $25 or more today.
|< Prev||Next >|